Why can't I seem to find time to post-I guess I am just too tired when I get the chance to do it without an 18 month old climbing on me every time I sit down to the computer. So since she is still sleeping this morning I thought I would take advantage and update what has been going on in our lives. We had a really busy, but really fun July!
First-we celebrated Wade's birthday-he turned the big '31' on July 14. We took him out to dinner and came home for cake and icecream. For his birthday, I surprised him with a trip to L.A. to see a Dodger game, just the 2 of us, no kids-woo-hoo!!! We left for L.A. on the 17th and came back on the 18th. It was a short trip, but extremely nice to have a little break from the kids!
(The Heiselbetz clan waiting for the parade to begin)
Second-we took a trip to Panaca to celebrate the 24th of July with Wade's family. It was fun to have all the cousins together and the weather was perfect. I enjoyed a nice 10 mile run with my sis-in-law Lindsay on Friday and on Saturday we took the kids to breakfast at the church and then let them do the races on the lawn. After that we all headed back to Grandma's to play on Unlce Kyle & Aunt Gerilyn's fun waterslide. Then we went to the parade and the BBQ dinner. After all that fun the kids still weren't worn out, so we all headed out to the spring to let them swim. Jakob informed me that since he swam in the spring he is officially a country boy! (That's what his Grandma told him!) He was quite proud of himself! The one that surprised me the most was Hannah. I wasn't planning on letting her swim-I didn't even bring her suit, but she was itchin' to get in, so I finally stripped her down to her diaper and put her in with Grandpa and she loved it so much, we had a hard time getting her out! It was a fun weekend spent with family!
(The whole Johnson Clan-we were only missing 1 grandkid-Sarah was at girls camp :( )
Third-we headed up to Duck Creek for the Johnson Family annual campout. It was so nice to leave Vegas at 115 degrees and arrive in Duck Creek at 60 degrees. The weather was absolutely beautiful! On Thursday we woke up to a Rhino that wouldn't start and took Wade all morning to fix. After lunch we took a little cruise around the neighborhood and a little hike down to a creek near the cabin. Thursday evening all the fun started arriving! We enjoyed a fun weekend together as a family playing cards, riding atv's, and eating too much yummy food! After spending 4 days in the beautiful, cool, green mountains, it was almost depressing to come back to the heat, but such is life-right? It was fun while it lasted and I think we will be planning more trips to go up there next summer. It is just too close to not go and enjoy the beatiful weather and scenery and the awesome trails!
Now I have a week and a half to get things ready for our little family's annual trip to the beach and another Dodger game! Gotta enjoy these last two weeks of summer vacation before it's back to the grind stone with school and getting back on a schedule!











4 comments:
Great pictures however, it's always so nice to see all of you.
I think there's no problem to enjoy good food!
11 days - than we are going to France. Romina can't wait anymore, because she is already having holiday but we must work till 21.8. and so it's a bit boring for her.
Lots of summer things. I still have not updated the whole summer yet!
You have such a cute family! I love all the cute pictures.
Loved your christmas card, it made me miss you terribly! I just keep thinking I will call you- and then I forget! How are you doing these days? Your kids are so big. I was really hoping to see you at Jana's shower-uggh! we really need to connect. hope you all had a merry christmas! I'll try calling you this week
Post a Comment